Get your trick-or-treat bags ready, its Halloween! Before you hit the streets going door to door for your fair share of candy, take a look at these top 10 Halloween safety tips to ensure you have a safe time.
- Always use designated cross walks, especially after dark.
- Avoid dimly lit areas including alleyways.
- Never go out alone, always have a buddy with you or travel in groups.
- Carry a cell phone for emergencies.
- Have a flashlight or glow sticks to ensure drivers can see you.
- Consider using reflective tape on costumes to enhance visibility for drivers
- Make sure costumes don’t drag the ground and cause you to trip.
- Parents, if your kids go out with friends, review the route they are taking, neighborhoods they are visiting and a time for them to check in or return home.
- Never enter a house or car for a treat.
- Sort and inspect candy before eating. Any candy that has been unwrapped or looks questionable should be thrown away.
Always be cautious when out at night, especially on a busy holiday. We want to make sure that everyone has a fun and safe holiday. Make wise decisions and steer clear of the ghouls and goblins out there!