You have your trip planned out and are ready for a great time at Disneyland but are you truly ready? We have a list of Disneyland Fun Facts to help prepare you for your exciting adventure ahead. Here is our ‘Did you know?’ Disneyland Edition.
- Disneyland has up to 65,000 guests in a single day and 10-12 million visitors in a year.
- There is an underground tunnel system beneath the park to help characters and workers get from one place to another without having to navigate the crowds.
- Sleeping Beauty’s castle is only 77 feet tall
- The gas lamps on Main Street are over 160 years old and were purchased as junk from the city of Baltimore.
- There were only 18 attractions in the park the day Disneyland opened.
- The Matterhorn was the first tubular steel roller coaster in the world.
- Both Michelle Pfeiffer and Steve Martin once worked at Disneyland
- Pirates of the Caribbean was the last ride that Walt Disney personally supervised the construction.
- More than 100,000 light bulbs are used to outline the buildings on Main Street.
- Disneyland occupies over 85 acres
- Cinderella’s castle is made completely out of fiberglass
Now that you are equipped with a few fun facts about the park, impress your loved ones as you point out these interesting facts while on your trip!