You have your trip planned out and are ready for a great time at Disneyland but are you truly ready? We have a list of Disneyland Fun Facts to help prepare you for your exciting adventure ahead. Here is our ‘Did you know?’ Disneyland Edition.
– Disneyland has up to 65,000 guests in a single day and 10-12 million visitors in a year.
– There is an underground tunnel system beneath the park to help characters and workers get from one place to another without having to navigate the crowds.
– Sleeping Beauty’s castle is only 77 feet tall
– The gas lamps on Main Street are over 160 years old and were purchased as junk from the city of Baltimore.
– There were only 18 attractions in the park the day Disneyland opened.
– The Matterhorn was the first tubular steel roller coaster in the world.
– Both Michelle Pfeiffer and Steve Martin once worked at Disneyland
– Pirates of the Caribbean was the last ride that Walt Disney personally supervised the construction.
– More than 100,000 light bulbs are used to outline the buildings on Main Street.
– Disneyland occupies over 85 acres
– Cinderella’s castle is made completely out of fiberglass
Now that you are equipped with a few fun facts about the park, impress your loved ones as you point out these interesting facts while on your trip!